Density Meters for fully automatic sample supply. Fully automatic execution of the entire measuring process.
If you need discussion about this product, please click “Find Solution”. Or click the “Order Now” to buy now.
Fully automatic execution of the entire measuring process
Working environments involving a high sample throughput require flexible, powerful and robust solutions for a fully automatic execution of the entire process from the sample supply to the cleaning and drying. Our AS80 and AS90 autosamplers meet these high requirements. Together with the peristaltic pump DS7070, they allow for an unsupervised measurement of up to 89 samples. For a high sample volume of aggressive samples we recommend Set 5.
- Suitable for low-viscous to slightly viscous and aggressive samples
- Fully automatic sample supply and cleaning
- Fully automatic drying
- Individual measurement methods and cleaning procedures as well as sampler templates possible
- Easy and fast to install autosampler
- Intuitive operation via touch-screen display
- Easy, menu-driven adjustment
- Pre-defined scales such as density, relative density, brix, alcohol and sulfuric acid concentration
- Compliance with GMP/GLP, 21 CFR Part 11, pharmacopoeias (USP, BP, JP, Ph. Eur.), FDA, ISO, HACCP, OIML, ASTM, ICUMSA, NIST
A comprehensive quality assurance covering the entire production process is a must in any industrial sector. Density measurements are frequently used for this purpose, especially in the pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical as well as the food and beverage industry. They allow the manufacturer to analyse raw materials, semi-finished and finished products as well as the manufacturing steps in terms of a number of factors.
Density can be used to identify substances, to determine their quality or purity and to measure their concentration in binary or quasi-binary mixtures. Substance conversions and reaction dynamics can also be inferred from it. In combination with other methods such as refractometry that measures the refractive index of substances, the density measurement allows you to make precise statements about the quality of each step of the production process.
Density meters based on the oscillating U-tube method are characterized by high ease of use and are therefore used in particular for continuous density measurement and for rapid routine measurements with larger numbers of samples in laboratories.
Compliance with national and international standards
A big advantage of normalized measurements is the comparability of the measurement results. Many international standards and guidelines recommend density meters for specific measuring tasks as suitable measuring instruments. The requirements for the measuring devices, such as measuring accuracy and measuring temperature, are dependent on the respective measuring task and defined in each standard. We have compiled for you an overview of all known standards and guidelines, which refer to the density measurement.
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- International Commission on Uniform Methods of Sugar Analysis (ICUMSA)
- European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.)
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP)
Density meter measurement of liquids, emulsions and pastes
Thanks to the chemical-resistant sample carrying parts made of borosilicate glass and PTFE, our density meters are suitable for almost all liquids, emulsions and pastes.
The sample is administered manually via syringe, semi-automatically via peristaltic pump or fully automatically via autosampler. High-viscosity samples are usually supplied by syringe, low to light viscous can also be supplied by means of peristaltic pump and autosampler. For every method of operation and every kind of sample, we have suitable density meter sets available that contain all the necessary accessories, from tubing sets to filling spouts and adapters to splash guards for the manual supply of aggressive substances.
In the following table we have compiled an overview of typical samples from our customers. Most samples were measured with an accuracy of 3 decimal places and at 20 ° C, deviations are indicated. The listed readings are not specifications.
A strong performance package
A.KRÜSS density meters set new standards in many respects. They deliver fast and reliable measurements, intuitive operation, seamless data logging, flexible data export and compliance with global standards. These and many more features make for a comfortable user experience.
- State-of-the-art touch-screen display
- Uniform operation of all A.KRÜSS laboratory devices
- Secondary scale for displaying a second measured value
- Freely assignable shortcut keys for the most important functions
- Easy, menu-driven adjustment
- A selection of six languages (de, en, es, fr, it, pt)
Fast reliable measurement
- Drying unit with regenerable silica gel for a highprecision adjustment
- Efficient Peltier temperature control
- Measurement with manual measurement time input or optimised measurement time thanks to automatic stability recognition
- Preview of measured values updated every second
Easy filling and cleaning
- Sample supply via syringe, peristaltic pump or autosampler
- Including drop collector, splash guard optional
- Reliable filling check via inspection glass
- Chemical-resistant materials
- Freely configurable cleaning procedures
- Semi-automatic or fully automatic drying
Unlimited number of methods
- Create any number of methods and analyse each sample using the desired parameters
- Method parameters: scales, temperature, sample supply, limit values, comment and many more
- Measurement modes: single, continuous or interval measurement
- Predefined scales (density, relative density, Brix, concentration of alcohol and sulphuric acid)
- Any number of freely definable scales with conversions based on tables or formulas
Inteligent unser administration
- Can be activated or deactivated depending on the requirements
- Two authorisation levels
- Optional setup of user profiles
- Customised settings for different users or work groups
Complete documentation of measured values
- Complete recording of all measured data as well as system and method settings in a tamper-proof data storage
- Documentation of all measured values of the last 999 measurements with consecutive numbering
Flexible data export
- Print-out on serial ASCII printer
- Print-out on network printer in PDF or GS format
- Print-out as PDF on USB flash drive or to network share
- Export in HTML or CSV format on USB flash drive or to network share
- Can be connected to a keyboard, mouse, barcode scanner or external PC in order to use the KrüssLab software
- Easy integration into existing networks (DHCP Client) or a LIMS
Density meter solutions for any need
- DS7800 with an accuracy of ±0.0001 g/cm³
- Set 1 for manual sample supply
- Set 2 for manual sample supply, also of aggressive samples
- Set 3 for semi-automatic sample supply
- Set 4 for fully automatic sample supply
- Set 5 for fully automatic sample supply, also of aggressive samples
Compliance with global standards
- 21 CFR Part 11
- Pharmacopoeias (USP, BP, JP, Ph. Eur.)
- FDA, ISO, HACCP, OIML, ASTM, ICUMSA, NIST
Melting Point Meter for Semi-Automatic Measurements. The M3000 provides fast and easy examination of powdery substances with a melting point up to 360°C.
Melting point meter for automatic measurements. The M5000 provides fast, easy and automatic examination of powdery substances with a melting point up to 400 °C.
Density meters for manual sample supply Set 1 / Set 2. The right decision for low sample volumes.
Density meters for semi-automatic sample supply Set 3. High efficiency and special suitability for hazardous substances.
Density Meters DS7800 for Full-Automatic Sample Supply(Set 4 / Set 5). Fully automatic execution of the entire measuring process.
Digital Refractometers without Temperature Control. Specialists for sugar containing solution.
Digital Refractometers with Peltier Temperature Control. Allrounder for measuring all liquid and pastes.
Digital Refractometers with Automation. An optional solution for high sample volume.
Abbe Refractometer Analog(AR4) – Refractive index and % Brix can be measured and read via an eyepiece.